Under contract, we perform pharmacokinetics studies, bioequivalence studies, residue studies, safety studies, efficacy confirmation studies, immune serum tests, etc., on veterinary drugs and feed additives, using cattle (suckling calves, breeding cows, dairy cows), pigs (weaned piglets, breeding pigs, fattening pigs), chickens (meat chickens, egg-laying chickens), goats, sheep, rabbits, freshwater fish (carp, catfish), honeybees, etc.
In addition, we have experience of performing GLP studies, clinical studies, including studies complying with the GCP Ordinance, and post-marketing studies complying with the GPSP Ordinance, using suckling calves, pigs from weaning to breeding, egg-laying chickens, and honeybees.
Small to medium animals
In connection with animals kept as pets, especially dogs and cats, we perform various studies, including pharmacokinetics studies, bioequivalence studies, safety studies, efficacy confirmation studies, and studies with veterinary drugs and quasi-drugs to confirm elimination of external parasites such as fleas and ticks. We also sell serum and plasma, and accept requests for preparation of fixed samples for use in education and training.
We always have cats and dogs available, and can therefore respond to study requests even at short notice. Please do not hesitate to enquire about such studies.
We perform basic efficacy confirmation studies with the Asian long-horned tick (Haemaphysalis longicornis), the brown dog tick (Rhipicephalus sanguineus), and the cat flea (Ctenocephalides felis), using the filter-paper contact method and the dry-film method. We evaluate drugs by stereomicroscopic assessment of microfilarial motility. We perform efficacy confirmation studies, etc., involving artificial infection of dogs, cats and chickens with parasites. We also welcome consultations and queries about other parasites and sanitary pests.
Clients can perform experiments and provide various types of education and training using the equipment and facilities at our research center at Narita. Clients can use small animals, and also large animals such as mini-pigs, sheep, and goats. We provide practical help for various types of experiment, including arranging the availability of the animals, managing anesthesia, assistance with surgery, and perioperative husbandry. Long-term studies are accepted, and drugs can be administered, and blood, urine, feces, etc., collected, during the husbandry period. Animal pharmacokinetics studies, etc., can also be performed.
- Company name
- NAS Laboratory, Ltd.
- Daisuke Nakayama
- Komaino1885-2, Narita, Chiba Prefecture, 286-0121, Japan
- ¥10 million
- Business details
- １）Consignment sales of animals for use in experiments.
- ２）GLP, GCP, GPSP, non-GLP, non-GCP, and non-GPSP contract research on veterinary drugs.
- ３）Contract manufacturing of animal immune antibodies for human use.
- ４）Various types of medical and pharmacological contract research in rental laboratories.
- Medicine-related rental laboratories, other laboratories, P2A animal husbandry facilities, and P2 laboratories (adjacent to Narita International Airport)
- Contract research in medical fields.
- Research on safety and operability of medical devices.
- Training in medical technology.
- Contract research using laboratory animals for use in experiments, and animal husbandry.
- Sales of laboratory animals: Livestock (beef and dairy cattle, horses, goats, sheep, and chickens, etc.), laboratory animals (dogs, cats, monkeys, rabbits, rats, and mice, etc.)
- Contract research on veterinary drugs: GLP, GCP, GPSP, non-GLP, non-GCP, and non-GPSP studies, pharmacokinetics studies, bioequivalence studies, safety studies, tissue and milk residue studies, clinical efficacy studies, anti-parasite efficacy studies, basic efficacy studies with fleas, ticks, and microfilaria.
- Contract production of immune serum.
- March 2019
- We moved our Head Office from Tomisato to Komaino, Narita, Chiba Prefecture.
- August 2010
- We started GLP contract research.
- April 2004
- We started to offer rental laboratories for medicine-related use, and changed our company name to NAS Laboratory, Ltd.
- August 1999
- We moved our Head Office from Nishi-Shinjuku, Tokyo, to Tokura, Tomisato, Chiba Prefecture.
- January 1989
- We opened an animal study facility in Tomisato, Chiba Prefecture, Japan, and started contract production of animal immune antibodies for clinical diagnostic use in humans.
- January 1988
- We established a livestock clinical trial center, the Kanto Kachiku Rinsho Center, as a private limited company.
- January 1985
- We opened an experimental farm for livestock in Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan.
- December 1982
- We started performing contract research (field clinical studies on livestock, and livestock growth effect studies on feed additives), and selling laboratory animals and livestock for use in experiments.
Animal welfare considerations
NAS Laboratory, Ltd., complies with the Japanese “Act on the Welfare and Management of Animals”, and related guidelines. During animal studies, we place importance on the lives of laboratory animals, and give sufficient consideration to the principle of the 3Rs, that is, replacement (enthusiastic introduction of alternative methods for performing studies), reduction (reducing the numbers of animals used), and refinement (alleviating pain).